Lani's art is quirky , fun and colourful. Her art depicts coastal living. Her love of surfing, cottages, winding roads, chickens and camper-vans comes to life in watercolour and water-mixable oil paintings. The mounted and framed prints make great gifts for all celebrations.
My love of drawing and painting began early on, both my parents loved to sketch and paint so there was always a brush nearby. I really love coziness and my mum was and is a cozy home maker, my parents moved to Ireland in the late 70s and bought an old cottage. Money was very tight but they managed to create a lovely home. They loved plants and trees and our 1 acre patch was a haven of greens and beautiful flowers. We had a compost toilet for years, much to the disgust of many but I liked it. I remember having my first running hot water bath when I was 9, the excitement. My paintings depict the old and new in my life. I took up surfing in my early 20s and still love that feeling of taking off on a wave, its an electric feeling.
Painting is an absolute joy to me, I get lost in each piece, making up stories about whats happening. I really hope you can feel the warmth and cosiness in my paintings. The photo is of Frodo and I enjoying the white sands of Keem on Achill.
If you would like to stock Lani's Giclee prints, drop her an email and she'll send you on a catalogue🙂
Where you can buy my framed and mounted prints
- The Cat and the Moon, Sligo town
- Rosies pottery studio and shop, Easkey
- Dalys Irish shop, Luzern, Switzweland
- The Leitrim Design House, Carrick-on-shannon, Leitrim
- O'Reilly & Turpin, Westport, Co.Mayo
- The Beehive Craft & coffe shop,Achill, Co.Mayo
- Moher cottage, Liscannor, co.Clare
- Amelias Irish Design andgift store, Letterkenny town, Co.Donegal
- Mulveys Gift shop, Carrick on Shannon
- Irishcrafts gift shop, Doolin, Co.Clare
- Bluebells, Middleton, Co.Cork
- Caffreys Gallery & framing, Ballina, co.mayo
- The Surfshack, Curracloe, Wexford
Contact phone number....0831129996